Psychology Counselling Services
My counselling incorporates a holistic approach to health, wellbeing and growth. My most recent Professional Development was October 2016, where I attended 10 workshops at "The World Congress of Integrative Medicine" in Hawaii. This included workshops based on newer research and application from scientific medical, psychological, spiritual, and complimentary medicine models for repairing illness, managing stress, and spiritual growth.
For adults of all ages and teenagers,
including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex (LGBTI).
For couples, families and groups.
For Veterans and Transport Accident Victims.
1. Supportive Counselling using a range of therapeutic strategies including Cognitive-Behavioral (CBT), Interpersonal and Rational-Emotive Therapies, Solution Focussed Therapy, Psychoanalysis, Acceptance Committment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness, Meditative Relaxation and Transpersonal psychotherapy for:
- Emotional feelings (e.g. sadness, grief, fear, anger, frustration, disappointment, worry, hurt, shame) that can decrease our confidence, self-esteem and motivation and inhibit our quality of life in personal and social relationships, work or study.
- Rational perception including problem solving, creativity and finding direction.
- Spiritual and transpersonal issues including spiritual and religious confusion or adjustment, metaphysical or spiritual experiences and self-identity issues.
2. Life Coaching
Life coaching involves helping people achieve their goals -- however I also help clients to gain greater self-awareness, find out what their passions and direction(s) are, understand their potential and inner and outer resources. That is, some people don't know where they want to be and what their direction/purpose/passions are. So, I can help clients determine or refine what their goals are as well as provide support and strategies for achieving them. I help clients replace their confusion, fears, excuses and problems with courage, trust, knowledge, and confidence.
3. Educational Training and Tutoring in Transpersonal Development, Transpersonal Psychology and Transpersonal Counselling. This may be on an individual or small group basis, or through seminars, workshops or longer courses. Please see the SERVICES page for the schedule of national workshops:
1. Effective Techniques & Strategies for Assessing and Working with Clients with Spiritual & Identity Issues
2. How to Understand and Interpret Experiences Presenting as Spiritual, Metaphysical or Transpersonal vs Psychotic
4. Private Supervision for Counsellors and Students
- For counselors in any of the health industries and especially for those who wish to go beyond the traditional psychologies and include a transpersonal psychological approach in their work.
- For Honors, Masters, and PhD students, especially students researching or studying within the field of transpersonal psychology, but also other psychological or humanistic/sociological fields.
5. Hypnosis and Transpersonal Hypnotherapy
- Hypnosis typically incorporates relaxation; and this is one of the side benefits. Hypnosis helps to clear the clutter from the conscious mind so that the creative subconscious mind is more available, acceptive and receptive to changes that you want. As you go into a hypnotic trance, you can choose how deep you will go - people generally go as deep as they need to and are comfortable with. Prior to the hypnosis session(s) we determine the best strategies (e.g. distraction, eye focus, muscle relaxation) to enter (mild, medium or deep) hypnosis states. The first hypnosis session will be for relaxation and to just experience this relaxed hypnotic state and in subsequent sessions we will progress into therapy.